The Bright Futures Education Partnership is a community partnership of diverse members fostering progress in education outcomes for local students, from cradle to career, and improving the pipeline of quality talent within Monterey County.
Our young people achieve an education and our community thrives with local talent and promise.
Bright Futures fosters progress in local education outcomes, from cradle to career, with a priority focus on closing racial equity gaps. We do this by engaging people in the pursuit of shared improvement goals and by supporting changemakers across the community as they create measurable results.
We envision a future for Monterey County
- with vibrant, local talent;
- where young people succeed in education and see a bright future for their lives;
- where adults believe in the promise of local youth; and
- where employers find abundant, quality talent locally.
To ensure that every child:
- is prepared for school,
- succeeds in and out of school,
- completes a post-high school credential, and
- enters a promising career.
By 2026, 60% of all young adults in Monterey County will earn the credentials required for a promising career.
The Bright Futures Education Partnership serves as:
- a catalyst for change
- a hub of innovation
- a convener of change-makers
- an advocate for the less advantaged
- a broker of solutions that work