Goal 7 Career Pathways
Project | Monterey Bay Internships
Monterey Bay Internships is a resource that helps ease the transition for young adults from higher education to the workforce. Employers can take advantage of the talent groomed from local colleges. Students receive the training necessary to meet the employment needs of our local business community.
Scope of Work
Attend business and college events relevant to business networking and student work experience.
Create marketing materials, online resources, and workshop content.
Develop new partnerships with employers and schools in the Monterey Bay region.
Promote and share intern success stories, resources, and events via Monterey Bay Career Connect e-newsletter, press releases, social media, and email campaigns.
- In 2018, increase cumulative internships posted to 520 -accomplished
- In 2018, increase registered employers to 1,000-accomplished
- In 2018, increase registered students to 2,600-accomplished
- By November 2018, host student and MBEP Member Mixer
- By December 2018, increase site visits to Monterey Bay Internships by 20%
- By January 2019, increase social media engagement by 50%
- By February 2019, bring Monterey Peninsula College into consortium
Working with local colleges, our team is sharing Monterey Bay Internships with college, graduate, high school seniors, alternative and adult education learners.
Attending local college campus events (i.e. career and resource fairs), our team is sharing Monterey Bay Internships with college students and career centers.
Collaborating with local chambers of commerce and local employers to promote and assist with developing internship opportunities
Created new scam reporting and FAQs re: how to avoid scams
Added social media icons and links to site
Attended ~100 outreach events for 2018
Created business card for employers to promote site
Increased registered users by 82%
Updated student collateral with new social media
Created Monterey Bay Internships LinkedIn Group
Hosting student and MBEP Member Mixer
Bringing on college partner
Developing social media strategies and campaigns
Continuing site management and update features