Goal 6 College and Career Readiness
Project | 5 & 10 Credit Gaps
To support students who are only 5 or 10 credits short of completing A-G Courses so they complete the A-G college readiness requirements.
Scope of Work
The scope of this project is to pull over the finish line those students who are only missing 5 or 10 credits (one semester or one year course) in order to complete the A-G college readiness requirements.
- To reduce by 20% the number of students with 5 and 10 credit gaps in each school year, by June of that year
- Establish a practice of identifying students with small credit gaps
- Continuously improve that practice over time
- List of students with 5 and 10 credit gaps
- Decisions made about make-up course options offered by the school district and/or partner organizations
- Implementation of additional learning supports to students taking make-up courses
All high school counselors engaged in the Counselor Professional Learning Community facilitated by the Monterey County Office of Education